The monsoon season can be really harsh on your car and especially on your car’s interiors. Your car’s interiors need to be taken proper care at all times and even more so during the monsoon season. Since the car’s cabin remains closed most of the times, the air trapped inside can get hot and more humid during the rainy season. The rise in temperature and humidity can reactivate foul odours and make your car’s interiors smell. Car seat covers and carpets can also get damp during the rainy season and this can not only make them smell musty but also give rise to fungus and moulds in unexpected areas.
Another important but neglected component of car maintenance is the upkeep of the air-conditioning system in your car. The AC unit not only keeps the car’s interiors cool but also helps in filtering the air inside it. We have all noticed a reduction in car smells once we turn on the AC, right? So, make sure that your car AC is working properly and efficiently during the monsoons.
If you are not sure how to, here is a
List of Things you can do to take care of Your Car’s Air-Conditioning during Humid Monsoon Weather:
- Avoid using a car cover as it makes the interior of the car even hotter, trapping volatile gasses and humidity inside that can cause foul smell and bacteria growth.
- Get your air-conditioning system serviced so that it continues to work efficiently during the monsoon season. Your car AC is your best friend during the monsoons as it reduces the humidity level in your car, thus preventing fogging up of the windshield and windows.
- Get your AC duct disinfected professionally as the moisture inside the AC system can lead to fungal growth over time. This can lead to disbursal of bacteria and foul odours through the AC vents.
- Use all-weather mats that can be dried off easily inside your car.
- In case your seats and carpets get wet, use newspapers to soak off excess water or roll down your windows to let them dry air. You can also use a vacuum cleaner to dry the interiors.
Buy a Car Air Purifier
In modern times, office going people spend an average of 24 hours per week inside their cars. If not maintained properly, a car’s interiors can become a cesspool of bacteria, dust, and other pollutants. Car air purifiers are portable air purifiers meant to be installed in cars to quickly and quietly clear allergens and other particles. They effectively remove odour, pollen, smoke, dust, pet dander, and almost all other pollutants present a car’s cabin. So, consider getting one for your car to breathe in clean air while driving.
Don’t know where to look for a good car air purifier?
Honeywell offers the Honeywell Move Pure Car Air Purifier that controls humidity within your car and filters air pollutants with a hybrid HEPA + activated carbon air filter. Check out the car air purifier at www.honeywellconnection.com and ask for a professional demo if you need further assistance.